Malaysia Pajero Sport Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member from KL

3 posters

Go down

New member from KL Empty New member from KL

Post  alexaw Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:41 am

Hi , to all the member here , i am new to this group , hope all the brothers here can provide me more info about this new Pajero , i just got my car yesterday , white colour VGT 2.5 .

alexaw

Back to top Go down

New member from KL Empty Re: New member from KL

Post  amiro Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:25 pm

alo alex...hows your white beast? where in KL are you staying..
amiro
amiro

Back to top Go down

Post  alexaw Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:36 pm

amiro wrote:alo alex...hows your white beast? where in KL are you staying..

Hello bro Amiro , thanks for your reply , I 'm from Sri Petaling , how about u bro ?

alexaw

Back to top Go down

Post  amiro Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Me stay at ampang...how is your VGT? nice huh...same like mine...white colour..
amiro
amiro

Back to top Go down

Post  alexaw Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:13 pm

yeah .. the car is nice , but the Garmin takes long time to connected to Satellite , and one more thing , can u connect your phone using Bluetooth to the head unit?

alexaw

Back to top Go down

Post  amiro Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:17 pm

if too long to connect, i think you should get it check...you need to beli extra gadget to connect your phone via bluetooth - i checked dalam others forum...

how about the power...nice huh..but sometimes my car emit black smoke when picking up...
amiro
amiro

Back to top Go down

Post  alexaw Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:32 pm

huh?? black smoke ?? how old is your car ? should not be like that bro ..

alexaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Angel Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:14 am

amiro wrote:if too long to connect, i think you should get it check...you need to beli extra gadget to connect your phone via bluetooth - i checked dalam others forum...

how about the power...nice huh..but sometimes my car emit black smoke when picking up...

This is normal for the diesel engine, no worry. It happens for a short moment during the picking up. We have more black smoke here in Thailand for those modified engines! FYI
Black Angel
Black Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  amiro Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:30 pm

glad to hear that black angel...but i do worry why the smoke came out as our engine are green engine right...i do suspect the turbo is not working well...but i do feel the turbo kicked in...FYI i
like to floor the pedal for getting power during overtaking always...
amiro
amiro

Back to top Go down

Post  alexaw Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:00 pm

amiro wrote:glad to hear that black angel...but i do worry why the smoke came out as our engine are green engine right...i do suspect the turbo is not working well...but i do feel the turbo kicked in...FYI i

Hi bro , can u listen a sound of " few..." from your engine , after u release the pedal ??if yes means your turbo is working ...

alexaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Angel Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:22 pm

amiro wrote:glad to hear that black angel...but i do worry why the smoke came out as our engine are green engine right...i do suspect the turbo is not working well...but i do feel the turbo kicked in...FYI i

Your PJS is 2.5 VG turbo right? What year model?
I remembered I read about this matter some where long ago. Let me post this topic up in PJS-thailalnd club and see whether we could get you a more proper answer.
Black Angel
Black Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  amiro Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:24 am

thanks a lot black...fantastic to get in touch between owners of both country...and i guess thai's owners will be more experienced diesel engine user...
amiro
amiro

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Angel Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:14 am

I assumed that your green engine referred to the EGR system, so I borrowed this diagram from Pentium 4, a member in pajerosport-thailand. The diagram explained how the EGR re-direct the exhaust gas back into the combustion process. The diagram also shown how to block the EGR so as to gain a bit more power and to keep a clean engine but not a clean environment.

New member from KL -egr

Anyway, when you floor it, the adjustment of the "propeller" in the VG turbo does cause some dark smoke at the moment, but as long as the smoke get less dark afterward (only a gray smoke trail), then I guess your turbo should be working fine.

Sorry for not being able to put this more proper in the mechanic way for you, I would like to help, but my knowledge is only as a consumer level.

p.s. Not sure why the diagram can't show in full.
Black Angel
Black Angel

Back to top Go down

New member from KL Empty New information for dark exhaust gas

Post  Black Angel Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Amiro,
FYI, "Pentium 4" has new information concerning the dark exhaust gas.
There were also reported cases in Thailand concerning this matter for 2.5 VG model.
They were told to bring the car for ECU program upgrading (this program will adjust how the EGR system works), then learning it again and the dark smoke will be gone.
Black Angel
Black Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  amiro Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:37 am

you are really true black...i had made an appointment for tomorrow and the guy said they will maybe "remap?" my ECU...he also told me that our ecu should be let settle for few second before we turn the key to start the engine...

yesterday i put a bottle of diesel treatment in fuel tank and it seems like the black smoke reduced...what do you think of those in the market diesel treatment black..do they really work?
amiro
amiro

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Angel Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Glad that the information provided is helpful.
As the ECU also learn our driving behaviour and store in it, "unplug" the battery source will set it back to default (not sure for how long but I guess at least 15-30min).
I would say, it is really up to you or the money in the pocket. For me, I would rather save it to spend on something else. After all, your dark smoke problem should be solved after the "re-mapping".
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Black Angel
Black Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down