Malaysia Pajero Sport Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for info from VGT owners :)

2 posters

Go down

Request for info from VGT owners :) Empty Request for info from VGT owners :)

Post  fulat2k Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi folks,

I'm seriously looking at getting the VGT as my next ride. But since I've never owned a diesel car, was wondering if the owners of VGT can shed some light on a few questions:

- maintenance cost on VGT. I know MMM offers 2 years free service. What about its costs after that and any major equipment to beware of?
- fuel injectors: any major concern on this due to local diesel quality? My friend warned me on this. He had to change the injectors (and dunno what else) in his Nissan Frontier. That costs him a bomb (>15k IIRC).
- fuel consumption on the VGT. I read the FC thread, but they're all on non VGT. Any numbers on the VGT model is greatly appreciated.

I wanted to ask on RV, but too soon kwa Razz

Thanks!

fulat2k

Back to top Go down

Request for info from VGT owners :) Empty Re: Request for info from VGT owners :)

Post  hafizci Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:42 pm

fulat2k wrote:Hi folks,

I'm seriously looking at getting the VGT as my next ride.  But since I've never owned a diesel car, was wondering if the owners of VGT can shed some light on a few questions:

- maintenance cost on VGT.  I know MMM offers 2 years free service.  What about its costs after that and any major equipment to beware of?
- fuel injectors: any major concern on this due to local diesel quality?  My friend warned me on this.  He had to change the injectors (and dunno what else) in his Nissan Frontier.  That costs him a bomb (>15k IIRC).
- fuel consumption on the VGT.  I read the FC thread, but they're all on non VGT.  Any numbers on the VGT model is greatly appreciated.

I wanted to ask on RV, but too soon kwa Razz

Thanks!

It is timing belt, not timing chain. Every 70k km you need to change the belt and the belt set cost RM800 excluded labour charge. 
Maintain the fuel filter regularly or change new fuel filter every 5 services. If you follow the recommended maintenance schedule, it will be OK.
Depend on your driving actually. Usually I drive 80km/h and I get 10.2l/100km diesel cosumption. Sometimes I drive more than 120km/hr and it takes about 12l/100km. Still economic compare to Subaru STI vers 11.

hafizci

Back to top Go down